Things have been going very well in your newly founded company for a few months now and you have a strong team behind you that does all the work well. Nevertheless, some work falls by the wayside, for which you want to hire 520-euro workers. As an employer, you have to deal with a lot of bureaucracy when it comes to your employees. Since the topic of insurance plays a major role in Germany, as a boss you have to know the insurance 1x1. But not only you. As an employee, you also ask yourself whether you have health insurance for a 520-euro job? In the following article, you as an employer will find out which facts about health insurance are important.
Which regulations apply in general?
As a founder, you need to know right from the start whether your employees are subject to health insurance on a mini-job basis or not. Basically, as soon as you hire mini-jobbers in an employment relationship on a 520-euro basis , they must have health insurance, like all employees. Since 2009 there has been a statutory obligation to have health insurance in Germany in accordance with § 193 III VVG . As an employer , however, you do not have to bear the costs for health insurance for 520-euro jobbers . However, it is not possible to do a mini-job without health insurance . Hence the520-euro employees responsible for their own insurance cover . Find out more about what is part of good corporate management in addition to knowledge about health insurance.
What does the 520 euro limit mean?
If you hire mini-jobbers whose earnings are less than 520 euros per month, you do not have to pay for health insurance. Employees have to pay for health insurance themselves for a 520-euro job. Only from an income that is higher than 521 euros to 1,300 euros per month do you have to register your employee with the health insurance company and pay a small amount.
What lump sums do employers have to pay?
Apart from the wages that you pay your 520-euro workers, you still have to reckon with some insurance costs. As long as the earnings are less than 520 euros, you don't pay health insurance for your mini-jobber, but you pay social security.
- Compulsory pension insurance : As an employer, you must register your mini-jobbers with the mini-job center of the German pension insurance . This means that you pay contributions for the German pension insurance, regardless of whether your employees earn less than or more than 520 euros. Your mini-jobbers can do without pension insurance, but they must confirm this in a written application. As an employee, you pay 15% pension insurance .
- Health insurance : You only pay this if your mini-jobber earns more than 520 euros. But even then you only pay 13 % . Your employees have to pay for the remaining 87% themselves.
- Lump sum wage tax : 2%.
- Long- term care insurance and unemployment insurance : If you hire employees on a €520 basis, you do not pay any contributions to these social security contributions .
These options exist for employees
1. Health insurance as family insurance for a mini job
2. The voluntary health insurance for the mini job
- Statutory health insurance for mini-jobs: If your 520-euro employees decide to take out statutory health insurance, they have to pay the entire contribution rate themselves. This means that they pay the amount for employers as well as for employees themselves.
- Private health insurance for a mini-job: For employees who insure themselves with a private health insurance company for 520 euros, there is no lump sum for employers.
3. Student health insurance for mini-jobs
4. Health insurance from pensioners to mini-jobs
5. Health insurance for small businesses and a 450-euro job
Calculate health insurance mini-job contribution
The health insurance contribution that you pay as a mini-jobber to your health insurance depends on the respective (statutory or private) insurance company. The contribution amount for the health insurance for mini-jobbers can therefore not be determined as a flat rate. The insurance premium is always based on the services provided by the insurer. For example, there are special offers from health insurance companies specifically for mini-jobbers, such as B. from the Knappschaft.